It is disgustingly humid here.  We’ve had rain almost every day now for at least a week.  I am not complaining, really I’m not.  I’d much rather have it rain than not, but it’s soggy and oppressive.  I’m in the middle of trying to get the house cleaned and I took a quick break to catch up on some of the Blogs that I follow on a regular basis.

The cheesecake I made out of goat cheese yesterday came out wonderful.  I mixed in bananas, strawberries, pineapple and coconut.  It took over an hour to bake and then a long time to cool off in the refrigerator, but it was worth the time.  Gosh, it’s good.  It’s hard not to sit at the table and eat all of it at one time.  I made two and will put one in the freezer for next week.  This will be a good use for extra goat cheese.  The last batch I made came out very, very creamy, perhaps too creamy and it has a bit of an odd flavor.  It could be because I let it set too long before dumping out the curds and hanging them.  I made the cheese later in the morning than I usually do and feel asleep before dumping it in the evening.  I now let the cheese sit a full twelve hours before I dump the curds and that has been working well.  I have a new batch sitting this morning.

As I write this, the sheep are in the yard grazing.  They do not have much grass where the ElectroNet is set so I pulled them up yesterday morning.  They’ve been grazing in the yard ever since.  There isn’t a lot they can get into here now that they can no longer escape into the back pasture.  If they’d stay in the back pasture and not wander up to Red’s where they are likely to taste tomato plants, Japanese maples or blueberry bushes, they’d be fine.  Sheep are not content staying in any one place for any length of time.  They are roamers.  If I push the goats out into the side pasture, they tend to stay within sight of the fence line the whole time.  I can’t leave them loose in the yard because they do get into trouble.

I planted six packages of morning glory seeds along the fence line of my agility field.  Six packages only took me about half way.  I placed the seeds along the fence then covered them with top soil.  It rained yesterday evening and this morning so they’ve had a good watering.  After I got the seeds planted, I set up a few jump patterns and messed around with Fern a bit.  She loves the game of agility.

Okay, I am a glutton for punishment, I know I am.  I am going to go and pick up two more bottle babies on Friday.  They are month old Saanen/LaMancha crosses.  I figured I am already feeding one baby, why not feed two more?  If it gets to be too much of a pain in the neck, we’ll just butcher them earlier.  Wally and I discussed constructing a holder for the bottles and we’ll see if we can’t make one this weekend.  Otherwise I’ll need to grow an additional arm to hold a third bottle.

Until later …