Waiting for the melt down

I got out early this morning to go and pick up Fern (the goat) and bring her back home.  She seems happy to be back.  She’s only been away a few days, but the other goats are acting like she’s a newcomer.  There’s lots of head butting going on out there.

I have a lesson today at the stable up the street.  It was originally scheduled for 11:00, but I pushed it up to noon with the hope that the sun will soften and melt what froze overnight.  It’s really a nasty mess out there.  The plan is to go out around 11:00, catch Merlin, get him cleaned and tacked up and head up there.  Depending on the surface conditions, I might simply lead him up there (the stable is that close); but I hope to ride him to take the edge off him.  I expect he’s going to be high as a kite.

At some point in the next couple of days, I’d like to get Split back out on sheep, but it will have to depend on how much snow melts.  She’s anxious to work and making a bit of a nuisance of herself.  A good run off the ATV or, preferably horseback, will help.  Some of the sheep are more than half-way to delivery and I don’t want to work them too hard.  What I’m really looking forward to is goat kids.  They’ll teach Split a lot.

Pictures.  I need to get some pictures.  I either can’t take the time or forget to take the camera with me.  It always seems as though there’s so much going on that pictures fall by the wayside.

Until later …