Early morning

Wally had business to attend to before going to work today, so we needed to get up at 4:30 AM; really only a half hour or so before we normally get up, but it seems to be a lot earlier.  His having to leave early this morning means I have to do all the chores by myself both this morning and tonight.  He goes to a livestock auction every Thursday evening.  It’s really no big deal and I am more than capable of doing the chores by myself, but I miss the companionship.  I told him that the other morning when he crawled out of bed to have coffee with me: that I really didn’t need him to help me do the chores, but I liked being able to spend time with him before we go to work.  Previously, he was getting up with just enough time to take a shower and get dressed before leaving for work.

MM has been busy, which is a good thing because I’ve been able to get in a few more hours than normal, but next week is going to be a rude awakening when we go back to slower daytime business.  I’m trying not to worry about it too much.  There hasn’t been any jobs for me to apply to for the past two weeks.  That’s no surprise given it’s the holiday time of year.  Bummer Wally is off both Friday and Monday and I have to work both days.

We sold our first vegetables yesterday: a big bag of salad greens for $5.  That was rewarding.  Hopefully there will be more to come.  I’m hoping we can work on some of the beds this weekend.  It’s going to warm up to close to 60 degrees over the weekend and the soil should be loose enough to work.  I plan to go and get some rabbits this weekend and while we are there, I’ll get some rabbit manure.  The problem with getting the rabbits is that I have no freezer space to put them so they’ll have to live in the dog/cat feeding run until it’s time to feed them to the carnivores.  I wish we could see clear to get some rabbits to raise, but without a solid structure to put them in, that isn’t feasible.

I best get going and do the chores.

Until later …