Day 34 – no more photos on FaceBook

I decided this morning that I wasn’t going to continue posting my 365 Day Photography Challenge pictures on FaceBook.  This is for a number of reasons, most of which I am not going to get into.  I’ve never been a fan of FaceBook – it has its uses and I will continue to use it for that but not for posting images or anything that I really care about.

I am doing this 365 Day Photography Challenge for *me* to improve *my* abilities.  While I take pictures almost every day for my job – some of which are good pictures – I want to push my talents further. Eventually I am going to expand the 365 days of photos to maybe 52 weeks of videos.  It’s too much to expect for me to post a video every day but I could do one every week.

One of the reasons why I bought the D750 cameras is for their video capabilities.  I purchased a gimbal video stabilizer so that I could take better video but I have yet to balance it to my camera. It’s hard given the number of hours I am working plus everything else that is on my plate.

So here’s day 34 – one day late.

365-34

Up close and personal with honey bees.

I know I wrote earlier that I was loath to plant a garden this year for what we went through last year with the drought and bugs but the “farmer” is in me and I can’t get rid of it. So last weekend Wally and I ran the irrigation and I planted a bunch of stuff.  It hasn’t rained all week so far. We have a 40 percent chance of rain today and a 60 percent chance tomorrow.  That means we may not see any rain.  Here we go again.  Texas and other areas of the U.S. are drowning and we are already in a moderate drought.

This year we will only be irrigating half of what we did last year so hopefully we’ll be able to hold on longer with the irrigation and hopefully it will start raining on a regular basis again.

I also started putting Rose’s (our last dairy goat) kids up at night and milking her in the morning.  I don’t really need the milk but I miss milking. I’ve been making cheese and yogurt with the half gallon of milk she gives me in the morning. I still prefer to drink milk from Jersey cows over goat milk but it’s okay.

Until later …