Time has become an incredibly precious commodity.

It takes me a good hour and a half (really closer to two hours) to get to agility, but it’s well worth the drive, for a number of reasons.  It’s good for me and the dogs to get to do something other than stock work.  Gel and I ran about the same as we did last week.  I was told on numerous occasions I really ought to train my dogs.  Yep, I should …

I brought Fern out in between running Gel and did some short sequencing with her.  She’s going to improve my handling skills.  She’s very in tune to my body movements, meaning she’s handler focused, for the most part, she loves the contact obstacles.  Gel is quite obstacle focused.  The course was similar to the one we ran last week.  It was tight and difficult.  It’s hard handling a big jumping dog on a tight course.

All I did with Kessie was periodically take her out and tug with her, well away from the sheep.  When I got her really going on the tug (meaning really enjoying it) I put her up so she’d go up wanting more.  I hope to get out to WalMart sometime today and get some polar fleece to braid together into a soft tug for her.

The class goes from 10:30 to 11:30 and then with chatting after the class, I didn’t get out of there until almost 12:30.  I did a few errands on the way home and didn’t get home until almost 3:30.  As soon as I got home and unloaded the groceries I picked up on the way home, I hung out two loads of wash.  As I was hanging them out, I saw a large red vehicle pull in the yard.  I thought it was Wally, but instead it was my landlady so I spent about 45 minutes visiting with her.  Then Wally and I finished emptying out the bags of leaves and rabbit manure into the garden, did a few more things around the house, then it was time to go and pick up Pumpkin and Confetti who were spayed yesterday.  By the time we got home and ate a quick supper, it was time for American Idol.  Yes, I watch American Idol, but not with the same devotion that I used to.

I did talk at length to Marcus yesterday afternoon.  Esme is recovering well.  He said he’ll try to get out next week and get the dirt spread on my agility field.  He’ll also bring some seed and fertilizer and seed it for me.  I’m excited about getting that done.

I just did a bit of vacuuming and plan to wash a portion of the floors then head down and reset the ElectroNet.

Too much to do, too little time.

Until later …

2 Replies to “Time has become an incredibly precious commodity.”

  1. Hey – weird timing on this. I have several fleece tugs that I’ve made and was about to give away (I’m de-cluttering for putting my house on the market) and would be happy to send them to you. I have several different sizes – you can have them all! They’re all brand new, never slobbered on…by me or my dogs. 😉

Comments are closed.